Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Compliments make the world of difference

A few years ago I bought a sweater because it was soft and light pink (my favorite color.) The first time I wore the sweater a lady commented that she almost bought the same sweater but decided against it because it made her look like the abominable snowman. I've had a complex ever since.

However, yesterday I wore the sweater and Mark (my 3 year old) kept staring at me. Finally he said in a most sincere tone, "you look cute" then he proceeded to rub the sweater and complete his compliment by saying, "this is pretty".

I think it's now my favorite sweater (at least I'll wear it around the house).

5 comments:

BTMyers said...

ah, there's nothing like getting a compliment from the men in our lives! Especially when they call us mommy. Who cares about the rest of the world anyway?

Bertie said...

That is the best compliment EVER! How cute is that!!

Jen Petty said...

So funny and cute! That is great. Aren't kids nice to have around... at least most of the time.

David said...

Super cute!!!

Tag! You're it!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for sweet little boys! What a cutie!